Monday, February 11, 2008

Side Hustle - Hollywood Stylists - 50th Annual Grammy Awards

It's Grammy night in Tinseltown and I don't know what to say about Beyonce and Fantasia's stylists - hair and clothing. If you were their stylists, would you let them leave the house like this? Well, Beyonce is wearing her usual glittery costume, so no surprise there............ I'm assuming Fantasia is going for the classy-elegant-edgy-i'm-confused-look..... What do you think?

After seeing these photos, would you hire or fire the stylists responsible for all the looks below?

Click HERE and HERE to learn how you can become an image consultant or fashion stylist.






Rihanna's outfit is ........ you decide......[i guess she's probably one of few that can pull that one off]


Alicia Keys looks regal........


Miley and Carrie Underwood look good. I like Miley's classy Celine dress, but I don't know if its age appropriate for her though. ......... Is Miley starting to look a lot older? Is it the makeup? Fergie has the Josh-Duhamel-loves-me-eat-your-heart-out-glow.........and as for Nas & Kellis, I have no words.....





and for those of you saying ......."there's no way she can weave a Beckham story into this post." You're wrong. At a pre-Grammy party, Dave made one fan faint. Literally......... Here's an excerpt of the story from People Magazine with the headline "A Kiss from David Beckham Makes Fan Faint"-

While Victoria Beckham was checking out all the latest in fashion at New York Fashion Week, across the country plenty of women were checking out her husband, David Beckham, during Jermaine Dupri's pre-Grammy party at Hollywood's Club Central.

"Beckham rolled in at about 1 a.m.," a fellow party-goer tells PEOPLE. "He looked like he was having a great time hanging with Jermaine and talking to Janet [Jackson]."

While Beckham played it cool with the party's hosts, it's safe to say he was heating things up among the women at the party. In fact, when one young female fan approached the soccer star and got a quick kiss on the cheek, she literally went weak in the knees – and fainted!

Beckham's reaction: "He looked like it was an ordinary everyday thing," an observer tells PEOPLE. "He just said 'Get her some water. She'll be ok.'"


In other Beckham news, during Madonna's charity event (raising funds for Malawi Orphans) Salma Hayek outbid Vogue Editor, Anna Wintour, coughing up $350,000 to spend an hour alone with Beckham. Go Salma...... and its for a great cause!!!




Pictures Source
Picture Source
Picture Source




15 comments:

kelly said...

i can't imagine it's too difficult to get a job as a stylist. have you seen what some of those people wear? it's crazy!

Angelika@ Purple Sage Designz said...

I wasn't too much impressed with anything ... does that grammy award get kind of old?

Unknown said...

I agree with the whole Miley thing. The picture I saw of her on a magazine cover with the strapless red dress and her hair straightened was when I was like, "Wow. She looks waaaay different." You know what I'm talking about. But maybe it's a good thing?

Rhianna's dress was sin. No offense to her or anything, but you'd think she'd know what looked good and what didn't after seeing herself in her sexy music videos...

Beyonce - well she's Beyonce. Gets away with anything.

Does that REALLY say the n*word on Nas's and Kelis's shirt? I wonder what they're trying to say about themselves...

Carrie Underwood and Fergie undoubtedly look the best in these photos... Carrie is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, so there's hardly anything I couldn't see her pulling off. Even Rhianna's dress.

<3 Knikki

*sossip said...

Ewe! I think that Nas and Kelis marketing sham is just in poor taste and totally inappropriate. I really love Carrie Underwood though, even with god awful extensions she looks fab.

Charlotte said...

I'm sure, I would have collapsed,too... :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm kelly - those folks probably think they look fabulous. some of those ugly threads are so ridiculously expensive that most of the starlets equate price tags with style - i think ...

Ang - LOL..... i've never watched any of these award shows. i used to watch the arrivals for the outfits but that got old too so i don't bother anymore.

Knikki - i think one of my brothers will agree with Carrie is one of the most beautiful women he's seen. he loved her on American Idol and adores her music now :-)..... Regarding Miley, I guess we should be happy that's she's not running around half naked. LOL. All the ladies looked good, because the bottom line is that some of them would look great with potato sacks over their heads...... but I just couldn't get past Fantasia's hair to appreciate her black dress..

Sossip - I agree with you. it was down right disgraceful and disrespectful under any circumstances. i guess they got the shock value they were going for.

Charlotte - LMAO!!! I'm not so sure I'd collapse...... maybe just get a little weak in the knees. LOL

je suis mode said...

Beyonce looks great, as always. She can wear anything and look gorgeous. Same goes for Rihanna, I love her style and applaud her fashion risks (like a black and white checkered coat with yellow skinny jeans). She looks good in that bright blue.

Miley Cyrus, let's not forget, is 14 years old. It's sad when girls like that try to look like they are 20. To me, it looks like she is almost trying to copy Reese Witherspoon's style, no?

Carrie looks beautiful. For most people, an all-floral maxi dress in what some would call a "granny"-type print is no easy thing to pull off. She looks great in it.

I usually think that Fergie has really terrible style. She doesn't know what flatters her and what doesn't, and she usually gets it wrong. But this dress is pretty and a refreshing change, although it does look a little small for her...

When I saw Alicia Keys, the first thing I thought was: she looks like some Egyptian queen.

Fantasia looks terrible. Even if you get past the hideous hair, and even if she was wearing it normally, she would still look horrible. The dress is not the right length and fit and looks like something from the corpse bride. Beyond that, up top, it comes out to far from the body. If you are going to wear a strapless dress to the Grammy Awards, then it should definitely hold the "girls" in!

Chet said...

It is really hard to imagine that any of these people actually thought that their stylist had done a great job at dressing them...HOG WASH! Money, fame and horrible attire. Send them your business card they could use a major upgrade and some class.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I know I should leav a commenta bout the fashion pics, but I loved the picture in your sidebar calld 'Stuck in A Rut'. That picture and accompanying statement must have been written especially for me.

So, off to work on that B plan. Wish me luck.

Grace said...

Hey! I was finally able to post about the whole ordeal with IndieCoterie stealing that $250 from me if you wanted to read it. It's the latest entry on my blog. Cheers!

Bella said...

Now where exactly can I get that stylist job at???

=) Bella

foof said...

Were have you been I did some cooking for you thought you mite like. Foof

Horse 'n' Round said...

Actually, the posture in some of those suggested a thought bubble along the lines of "I can't believe I paid to wear this. When can I get out of it???" *grin*

(BTW, the jewelry pics you were waiting for have arrived!)

Edirin said...

fantasia looked realli nice, im starting to feel her hair



beyonce was the worst of teh night for me,i didnt liek her getup it looked like a costume.

TravelDiva said...

I'm leaving a comment strictly to win a prize Sassy. LOL!

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories